Switching to Microsoft 365 Without Losing a Single Email: My ILL IT Solutions Review
Why I Put It Off For So Long
My email was a mess. Years of messages, folders I'd built up over time, contacts I couldn't afford to lose all sitting on an old setup I knew I needed to move away from. The problem wasn't wanting to switch to 365; it was the fear of the switch itself. I'd read enough horror stories online about migrations going wrong, emails vanishing, and people spending days trying to recover what they'd lost.
That's the thing that stopped me. So rather than risk it myself, I went looking for a proper Microsoft 365 setup in Essex and someone who'd actually done this before.
First Impressions
ILL IT Solutions is on Tolworth Parade, just off East Road in Romford. I'll be honest, I walked in half expecting to be baffled with technical talk, but that's not how it went. I explained my situation and my worry about losing everything and the person I spoke to completely understood. No eye rolling, no jargon, just a straightforward "yes, we can move all of that across for you, and no, you won't lose your emails."
They talked me through how the migration would work in plain terms, which immediately took a lot of the anxiety out of it. That reassurance was exactly what I needed.
How the Migration Went
This is the part I really want to highlight, because it's what I was most nervous about. The whole point of the job was moving my old emails into Microsoft 365 and they did it with zero downtime and not a single email lost.
Everything came across. My folders were still organised the way I'd had them, my old messages were all there, and my contacts hadn't gone anywhere. I could still send and receive throughout, so there was no awkward gap where I was cut off from my email. For something I'd built up into this huge scary task in my head, it turned out to be completely painless.
When it was done, I sat and scrolled back through years of old emails just to check and it was all exactly where it should be. That peace of mind was worth every penny.
Honest and No Nonsense
One of my worries was cost, and being sold things I didn't need. That wasn't my experience. They were upfront about what the job involved, kept me informed, and there were no surprises at the end. It's a family run local place, and they clearly take the time to look after people rather than rush them through.
Would I Recommend Them?
For a Microsoft 365 setup Essex, yes genuinely. Here's what stood out for me:
Nothing was lost. Years of emails migrated across with zero downtime, which was my single biggest fear.
They actually reassured me. They understood the worry and explained everything without any jargon.
No surprises. Honest about cost from the start, with no pressure or upselling.
A proper local team. Family run, patient, and they treat you like a person.
I'm no techie, so I can't tell you the ins and outs of how they did it. All I can say is that a job I'd been dreading for months turned out to be genuinely stress free, and I've not had a single issue since.
If you've been putting off moving to Microsoft 365 because you're scared of losing your emails like I was ILL IT Solutions are worth a call on 0208 599 7771, or you can book online. I went in anxious and came out relieved, which is more than I expected.

Comments
Post a Comment